ECU Development Support
Expert Automotive ECU Development
- Providing a comprehensive approach to automotive ECU development, ranging from low-level hardware components and peripherals to high-level software modules and AUTOSAR-compliant layers
- Experienced teams delivering projects for top automotive OEM, Tier 1 and 2 clients, proficient in industry-standard software and hardware tools
- Engineering experts with extensive knowledge of hardware design, relevant protocols, software development, integration, and testing for the automotive industry
- Focus on reliability, safety, redundancy, strict adherence to international standards, specifications, and requirements
Why Choose NOVELIC
With many years of experience in delivering projects for leading automotive industry OEM, Tier 1 and 2 customers, our highly-skilled teams of engineers will provide any type of ECU development support you may need
ECU Integration and Testing Solutions
- Covering a wide range of testing and integration solutions for automotive ECU development (both software and hardware)
- Writing specifications and performing hardware module, integration, and validation tests, hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing
- Software unit testing, integration testing, static analysis, and adherence to well-known coding standards
- Exceptional quality management and code quality assurance thanks to high test code coverage
- Proficiency with the industry’s most-used static analysis tools and testing frameworks such as Tessy, CMocka, CxxTest, Google Test, PC-Lint, Polyspace, etc.
- Pre-conformance testing of various ECU interfaces, like CAN(FD), LIN, automotive Ethernet, USB2.0, etc.
ECU Software Development Solutions
- Full-stack embedded software development from requirements to delivery, with a flexible project management approach and a DevOps platform providing the support you need, when you need it
- Developing software for all 3 layers of the AUTOSAR architecture specification (Basic Software, Runtime Environment (RTE), Application Layer)
- Designing software modules based on various MCU/MPU architectures, with AUTOSAR-compliant real-time operating system (RTOS)
- Designing and validating ASIL-A and ASIL-B safety level software modules
- Developing communication stack software, base MCU firmware, and drivers
- Rock-solid code ensured by a full set of unit and integration tests, automatically validated through CI/CD using Jenkins or GitLab pipeline
Design and Validation
ECU Hardware Development Solutions
- Supporting ECU development with a range of solutions including feasibility analysis, defining requirements, development, manufacturing design, FMEA, FMEDA, as well as functional, electrical, and environmental hardware validation
- Performing detailed thermal analysis, stress analysis, and modal analysis
- A holistic approach to hardware services providing hardware schematic design, PCB design, hardware integration, HiL testing, qualification and regression testing
- Extensive experience in designing and manufacturing mechanical housing and components
- Professional industry-standard tools including Altium, Mentor Xpedition, Zuken, CST Studio Suite, and many more
International Standards, Quality, and Architectures
- Compliance with ISO26262 standard when working with ASIL-A and ASIL-B systems
- ECU software modules compliant with AUTOSAR specifications
- Adherence to the MISRA coding standard, and a high percentage of code test coverage
Successful ECU Development Projects
ECU Event Logging With Nanosecond Precision
Complete hardware design of a system supporting nanosecond precision sniffing and logging with onboard ECU using CAN-FD, SPI, and Ethernet with a GUI application for configuration, operation, and monitoring of the high-speed log. The system was verified by a full set of unit, component, and integration tests.
Multiple Sub-ECUs For Car Seat Control and Comfort
Developed multiple sub-ECUs for folding seat module, compact valve block, and smart BLDC motor, with software-hardware integration specification. The system was validated by derating analysis, conformance testing, and timing analysis.
Radar Sensor Testing
Created an automated testing environment for our in-house designed radar module. Set up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins to test the radar module’s basic functionalities. After each pushed commit, the environment runs a test consisting of the radar (DUT) and a human chest emulator.